What Is SEO?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines.
All major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo have primary search results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users. Payment isn’t involved, as it is with paid search ads.
The goal of search engine optimization is to have the search engine spiders not only find your site and pages but also specifically rank the page relevance so that it appears at the top of the search engine results. The process of optimization is not a one-time process but requires maintenance, tuning, and continuous testing and monitoring.
Effective SEO Techniques to Drive Organic Traffic in 2019
Some of those SEO tactics are:
- Improve user experience across your entire site
- Optimize for voice search
- Focus on topic clusters instead of keywords
- Go into detail – but only when it’s relevant
- Conquer video with YouTube SEO
- Build a variety of backlinks
- Get a grip over technical optimization
- Target local searchers with local landing pages and listings
- Know how to measure SEO performance